Search This Blog

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Pikachu Nails

I painted my nails last weekend, and used a picture floating around the web as inspiration. If you Google Image search for "Pikachu Nails" I'm sure you'll find it. Here's how it turned out:
I was too impatient with the top coat, and the black polish smeared :(

Anyway, I used Migi Nail Art pens for the red, some generic black and white nail polish with a thin nail art brush for those colors, and Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Yellow Kitty as well as Sally Hanson HD Color in DVD. DVD turned out to be the most beautiful iridescent blue-purple color, and I didn't expect this to show up so well. I plan on doing full nails with this color next.

I bought the Migi Nail Art pens on Amazon, and the Sally Hanson polish at Rite Aid. This is what the Sally Hanson bottles look like:




For a base coat and top coat, I prefer Seche Base Ridge Filling base and OPI RapiDry Top Coat which I purchased at Ulta:


To finish it all off, I use OPI Drip Dry drops. 1-2 drops on your nails, and you'll be dry in 5 minutes, and rock-solid in about 15-20. I swear by these drops, whether I'm using a quick-dry top coat or not. These really work! It is expensive, but definitely worth the money. I bought mine at Ulta. Here's what the bottle looks like:

Let me know what you think! I plan on doing more Pokemon nails in the future too!

No comments:

Post a Comment