Search This Blog

Thursday, December 15, 2011

G&G/Dueba Super Nudy Grey review:

I don't mean to sound narcissistic (trust me, I'm not) but this is probably the best photo I've ever taken of myself. AND it's not Photoshopped.
Front view in low, office lighting. The lens still looks really good in this terrible lighting!
An image of the design on the lens from Kiwiberry1-collection.com

Front view, closeup with flash. For whatever reason, they show up blue in flash.
Closeup of the halo effect in fluorescent office lighting
Closeup in low light. The lens still looks great!
Closeup in warm lighting. You can see my brown irises here because of the golden tones in the light bringing out the red in my brown eyes.

G&G/Dueba Super Nudy Grey review:

Color: 4/5
It’s not wonder that just about every manufacturer produces a Nudy series. The pattern and dark limbal ring do a great job of covering brown eyes without that creepy look. The grey isn’t as blue as it appears in some photos above, it’s a bit warmer than that. I really like these lenses for their color, it’s not too opaque and the design has a “dazzling” effect.

I also want to mention that these are the shiniest lenses I’ve ever had. They reflect light really well and I love the effect. I’m not sure if it’s the construction of the lens itself or just the design, but it’s alluring and I love it. Moreover, for a lens that shows up dark in low light (see pic above) it tends to maintain a sort of depth in the color. It has a lot more dimension even in low light than some other lenses I have.

Comfort: 5/5
These lenses fair about average in the comfort category. They aren’t super comfy like the Queenies, but they aren’t uncomfortable at all. I could wear these all day, but I’ll probably need drops towards the end.

Enlargement: 4/5 
Awesome enlargement for a 14.5 diameter lens. I chose the G&G/Dueba Super Nudy lens because their limbal ring isn’t pitch black, its a little more transparent. I thought this would give it a softer effect, and I was right. It’s not as harsh against my freckles and pale skin, and it still enlarges REALLY well.

Conclusion:
I’m glad I picked up a pair of Super Nudys, and I definitely recommend these lenses. I really love the design, it’s not too subtle but not overpowering. And they’re so shiny! What’s not to love about that?

No comments:

Post a Comment