Search This Blog

Monday, December 12, 2011

G&G/Dueba X9 Queenie Blue review:

I bought the lens from Kiwiberry1's Collection, here's a sample of the design

Warm indoor light, closeup
Fluorescent indoor light, closeup

My right lens is not aligned... oh well. At least you can see the halo effect!


 And now some camwhoring full-face shots:


The halo effect is very subtle.

Trying to look sultry, but just looking squinty.





G&G/Dueba X9 Queenie Blue review:
*I just received a shipment of 4 pairs of lenses (and some lashes to try) on Saturday from Kiwiberry1’s Collection, and I’m wearing a pair today. Eventually I’ll review all of the lenses I received! First, I’ll start off with the G&G/Dueba Queenie lenses in blue*

Color: 4/5
This is my first pair of blue lenses, and to be honest, I didn’t like them when I first tried them on. I’m not used to seeing my eyes this light in color, so it looked as though I had some sort of disease or aged eyes. I tried them again today, and now that I’m a bit more used to the look of light eyes, I’m hooked! I love how natural this lens looks compared to my other lenses with a solid limbal ring. The entire design is created with dashed/broken lines, which produces a very soft look. These are the first pair of lenses I’ve had that I’m completely comfortable wearing without makeup. That being said, I used some brown & bronze eyeshadow to really make these pop today, and I can’t stop looking in the mirror/webcam. I am loving how I look with blue eyes!

Comfort: 5/5!!!
I was suprized when I tried on theses lenses. I didn’t think they could be more comfortable than my Hana SPC Hyper Circle black lenses, but these are HANDS DOWN the most comfortable lenses I have ever worn. They are so thin, I cannot feel them. That is kind of a big deal for me, since I have such sensitive eyes.
I’m also going on to the 7th hour of wear, and I have used eye drops twice. I attribute this to the fact that it’s cold and dry today, and everyone has their heaters on. This makes my skin so dry and my lips super chapped, as you can see in the photos above.

Enlargement: 3/5 
These lenses are 14.5, which is the reason I ordered them over Neo’s Queen lenses that have a similar design but are only 14.2mm in diameter. I am glad I did, because the design is so soft and the limbal ring is so light that you don’t get as much enlargement. That extra .3mm does help. I find that light contacts don’t enlarge as much as dark contacts, especially if the limbal ring isn’t exaggerated.

Conclusion:
I think this is a great lens to wear on the days that I don’t want to wear as much (or any) makeup. Since they are so comfortable and look so natural, I can wear them to work or practically anywhere without having to care if anyone notices my contacts or not.
That being said, if someone is super close to your eyes or face, they may notice the broken/uneven limbal ring. But you have to be pretty close and in very bright light for this to be noticeable at all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment