Search This Blog

Friday, January 27, 2012

G&G/Dueba Super Nudy Sky Blue review:

Indoors, fluorescent light.
Indoors, fluorescent light.
Natural light, full face.
Natural light.
Halo effect with natural light.
Indoor light.
Flash!
G&G Super Nudy Sky Blue review:

Color: 4/5
This is a 2-tone lens, and has the popular Nudy design. I gave this lens a 4 in color because this lens blends with your eye color, rather than cover it up completely. I tried this lens on with no makeup and hated it, but as I put on makeup I changed my mind! I love this lens with makeup on, it's really pretty and the Nudy design gives off a dazzling effect. I am partial to blue lenses because I think they suit my complexion better than lenses with a lot of black (or just plain black lenses) so I don't have to work as hard to "balance" them visually with makeup. I chose the G&G version of this lens because the limbal ring isn't as dark black as the EOS version. That being said, I haven't' seen them compared to a Geo version so I'm not sure how those differ.

This lens doesn't look natural, but it's not nearly as vibrant as the Puffy 3-tone Aqua. I wear my lenses to work (and no one EVER says anything about it) but I didn't feel nervous in the Puffy 3-Tone Aqua as I did with these because these don't stand out as much.


Comfort: 5/5
As I've said,  I love G&G/Dueba.  Perfect on comfort.


Enlargement: 4/5 
These lenses are 14.5, but they don't enlarge as well as the grey version of this lens. Lighter colored lenses typically do not enlarge as well as dark lenses, but these do a pretty good job. And to be honest, these lenses are my more preferred enlarging effect (definitely bigger, but not HUGE).


Conclusion:
I really like these lenses. They are more dramatic than my G&G Queenie X9 blue lenses, but not as intense as the Puffy 3-Tone Aqua. They fall somewhere in the middle, for which I can see a lot of potential use.

**I just wanted to speak once more about the Super Nudy series. I honestly wear my gray Super Nudy lenses when I want to look really pretty, and these are competing for that spot. The Nudy design is just gorgeous and very flattering. They do not appear natural, though. **

1 comment: