![]() |
| A terrible picture, but this is what my brows look like when I'm not posing/trying to arch my brows for a camera. |
The first time I had my eyebrows done, I was 15 and I had them waxed at a salon. This was better and cleaner, but no arch. I have been plucking with tweezers since, pretty much keeping the same shape that they had created.
Ever since moving to Northern Virginia, I have the privilege of living in a much more diverse area (I used to live in Southwest Florida, which is predominantly white and Hispanic). One of the races I get to experience living with are Indian people, and I'm slowly getting to know more and more about their culture. One thing is for sure- Indian women have different beauty techniques that are like a treasured secret (at least to me, who previously did not know about them). One of those techniques is EYEBROW THREADING!
Eyebrow threading is so cool! I remember seeing this done in a salon at the mall when I first came to Northern Virginia. I was very puzzled at the sight of this, having no idea what it was for. Basically, the threader winds two pieces of cotton thread together and delicately uses the tension between the threads to grasp and pull out hair. The technique looks quite complicated and difficult to master but provides a safe, somewhat painless and super fast way of removing hair.
![]() |
| Effortless! No "eyebrow prep" before taking a picture! Also, I'm only wearing BB cream. My eyes look so tired -_- |
For anyone else thinking about getting their eyebrows threaded, do some research to find an experience threader with good reviews. I browsed Yelp to find Pooja, and she had raving reviews. You don't really need to prepare for the experience, and there's nothing to be nervous about. It doesn't hurt, compared to tweezing and waxing. A win-win, I say :)


No comments:
Post a Comment